Got a vacancy you want filled?
Send us your vacancy information and we’ll post it here.
Emerald Christian Assembly
Pastoral Elder – Emerald, QLD
The ECA is an autonomous, non-denomination, evangelical Christian Church in Emerald, country Queensland. We are regularly 80 – 105 people strong with the majority being young families. We have followed Jesus and served our community for 57 years through a variety of children, youth, and adult ministries.
Our mission is to glorify God individually and corporately as Jesus Church, by sharing the gospel message in action and word to the people of Emerald; and to develop devoted disciples of Jesus Christ.
About the Role
The Pastoral Elder is a new, full-time, key member of the Eldership Team. The overarching responsibility is to develop disciples of Jesus through preaching and teaching the whole Word of God and leading the development of pastoral care within the church community. They must be a motivator to help the church fulfill the great commandment and the great commission individually and together.
- Shepherd Leadership – The Pastoral Elder must lead in the fruits of the Spirit, lovingly watching over, guiding, and caring deeply for the flock.
- Preaching and Teaching – Lead and develop the teaching and preaching ministry and team. Setting direction and content in collaboration with the Eldership group.
- Pastoral Care – Through loving relationships provide encouragement, correction, and restoration.
- Evangelism and Outreach – Equip the believers to live evangelistic lifestyles within their individual and the church’s mission field.
- Coaching and Development – Coach the believers to identify and use their spiritual gifts.
Candidate Qualifications and Qualities
- A calling and spiritual gifting as a Pastoral Leader and Teacher (Rm 12:6-8, Eph 411-14).
- An active and empathetic listener with effective communication skills (Jm 1:19, Col 4:6, 2 Tm 4:2).
- Commitment to Christian moral character (1 Tim 3:2-7, Tit 1:6-9 & 1 Pt 5:2-4).
- Hold or enrolled in a Christian Ministry, Theology, or similar qualification.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience in Church Leadership roles.
About the Offer
- QLD Baptist MRG equivalent.
- 5 weeks of annual leave.
- Sunday RDO program.
- Additional super, relocation assistance, or private health care elective scheme.
- Active and supportive Eldership Team.
Email – email@example.com
Phone – Tim Sefton 0411 699 554
Bethany Christian Care
Expression of Interest – Board Member
Bethany Christian Care is seeking to make appointments to its Board.
Bethany Christian Care has been a leader in Christian retirement and aged care for more than 70 years. We own and operate three locations in metropolitan Brisbane – Beth Eden (Graceville), The Plains (Eight Mile Plains) and Janoah Gardens (Manly West) – providing accommodation and care for up to 500 residents occupying 217 aged care beds and 227 independent living units/serviced apartments.
About the Board
The Board is responsible for governance, which includes accountability for Bethany Christian Care’s strategic direction, broad policy and overall performance. Our board also leads our culture of safe, non-discriminatory and quality care services. It operates under our Constitution and according to our governance policy manual. We use the ‘Carver’ governance model. Board members act on a voluntary (honorary) basis and are not paid.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people who have a heart to serve older people in line with our Purpose, Mission and Values.
You don’t need to live in Brisbane. Video conferencing is available for Board members who are geographically distant, and we would be pleased to pay for travel, accommodation and meals expenses for geographically distant Board members to attend some meetings in person each year.
We would be pleased to hear from anyone who is interested in being a Board member, but we are particularly interested in hearing from people who have skills or experience in the following areas:
- Clinical (eg, nurse, doctor, allied health)
- Accounting and finance
- Health and safety
- Risk management
- Property development.
Eligibility to be a Board Member
To be eligible you need to be a member of a church known as Christian Brethren, including Christian Community Churches of Australia (CCCA). You also need to be over 18 years old and under 75 years old.
Why do we exist?
To serve and honour the Lord Jesus Christ by serving older people.
What do we seek to do?
By God’s grace, to provide loving, person-centred, non-discriminatory, excellent Christian care covering the full spectrum of older people’s accommodation and care needs.
VIRTUE – including decency and honesty.
ACCEPTANCE – including forgiveness and impartiality.
LOVE – including compassion and gentleness.
UNDERSTANDING – including empathy and sensitivity.
EXCELLENCE – including quality and diligence.
SERVING – including humility and kindness.
How we operate
We are a not-for-profit public benevolent institution and registered charity. We operate under the Letters Patent pursuant to the Religious, Educational and Charitable Institutions Act 1861–1967
Expressions of interest should include:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the role, eligibility for the role, relevant experience, and ability to work and govern in line with our Purpose, Mission and Values; and
- Your résumé.
Closing date and more information
The closing date is 30 June 2021. If you would like further information, please contact Rohan Reid (CEO) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3737 5080.
South West Community Church
Pastor Position – Portland, Victoria
South West Community Church (SWCC) is currently seeking a new Pastor. Are you a passionate, active pastor who desires to see a church grow? Do you desire to see the young and old discipled?
South West Community Church is looking for you!
About our church
SWCC is a vibrant and friendly community of believers who enjoy meeting together to worship, encourage and help each other grow in a relationship with God. SWCC is a member of the CRC Churches International, a Pentecostal movement, and has been established in Portland, Victoria, for 24 years.
SWCC currently has a congregation of 145 people who are dedicated, committed, and faithful to the vision and purpose of the church; “To see people saved, healed, set free, discipled, equipped, empowered and serving.” The church is centred in the heart of the Portland shopping precinct. It owns and operates from the previous cinema complex, which has been extensively refurbished to create functional event spaces for our activities. The main auditorium can seat 250 people and boasts quality sound and video giving a total cinematic experience.
SWCC is blessed with financial stability, a harmonious congregation and oversight who value each other and love to serve. This servant’s heart flows into all we do and enables us to functions smoothly. Our weekly church service is Sunday mornings at 10 am. We have established church roles and rosters with our members sharing the load. These roles range from Sunday school teaching, youth studies, study group leaders, communion messages, hospitality, finance, sound desk/music team, and meet and greet.
SWCC also has active life and prayer groups, with women’s, young adult, mixed studies and prayer nights operating weekly during each term. Our ladies also regularly meet for Sisterhood, a women’s fellowship opportunity, craft days and ladies camp. Our men enjoy being involved in the local men’s shed fellowship and organise other opportunities to get together, such as men’s breakfast or outdoor adventures like Surf Fishing.
Where are we located
Portland is situated on the far South-West coast of Victorian and is part of The Green Triangle that spans the border between South Australia and Victoria.
Portland is a popular tourist destination showcasing a great range of activities, including picturesque beaches, fishing, whale watching, tours of aboriginal sites, walking trails including the iconic great south west walk, shopping, history and botanical gardens.
Position: Full time
Appointed by and accountable to the oversight, the Pastor is both the spiritual leader of South West Community Church and one of the oversight.
Together with the oversight, the Pastor has responsibility for the church’s health, growth, and overall leadership through the establishment and upholding of the church’s vision, mission, values, and beliefs.
The Pastor, together with the oversight, will:
- Exercise leadership, develop and implement vision
- Chair the Oversight
- Preach and teach
- Understanding of New Creation, Righteousness and Grace message important.
- Facilitate counselling and pastoral care
- Oversee the development of effective ministry teams
- Support and oversee congregational activities
- Oversee and support the promotion of local and overseas missions
- Current CRC Churches credential or open to transferring credential in consultation with the State Executive.
- National Police check, working with children, and child-safe training required.
The qualities of a Pastor, as given in scripture, are highly desirable. Other characteristics ideally sought for this pastoral position are:
- Able to express Pentecostal/charismatic faith and theology
- A love for God and his people, be an active mature disciple of Jesus Christ
- Able to pray for people to receive the baptism in the Spirit
- Experience in leading a church or other ministry in healthy and fruitful ministry.
- Ability to effectively preach and teach God’s Word
- Reasonable administration skills
- Effectiveness in discipling and developing members to spiritual maturity
- Ability to engage with the community
- Open and sensitive to dealing with all cultures and all generations/age groups
- Ability to relate and support the younger generations
- Inspired and effective communicator
- Annual Salary to be negotiated
- Salary includes an expense account.
- Other expenses reimbursed as negotiated.
Position subject to a three month and 12-month review
Applications & enquiries
To apply for this position, please email your resume, including references, together with a covering letter that addresses’ the requested criteria. A digital sample of a message you’ve preached is also welcome.
All applications will be prayerfully considered, and individuals whom we invite to progress to the next stage of our considerations will receive further information on our processes and timeframe.
For any further information, please email the above address or contact Victoria Nash on 0408109152.
Grovely Christian Community Church
Seeking Youth Coordinator
Grovely Christian Community Church is an intimate family of believers looking to bring onboard a young, energetic, innovative youth coordinator to run and coordinate the children’s and youth ministries.
This will be a part time role, 20 hours per week, commencing in January 2020
STATUS: Part-time, Salaried
HOURS: 20 Hours per week
The Successful applicant will be willing and able to create an environment for the youth of our congregation to gather regularly, growing in their relationships with each other and with God. They will also be involved heavily in community engagement opportunities.
The three main aims of this position are:
1. Facilitate growth in the youth’s relationship with God.
2. Encourage strong community among the youth of the church.
3. Local community involvement / engagement
The primary tasks of this position will be to develop and implement a comprehensive, autonomous approach to Youth ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of the youth coordinator including:
· disciple the youth and young adults into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
· grow the youth ministry by creating attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their friends, and by being present in the community.
· teach the youth and young adults the Gospel and what that requires from them
· provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
· show Jesus’ love through modeling
· challenge the youth and young adults to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
· equip the current youth to share the Gospel with their friends
· build a ministry that engages with the local community.
· Run and coordinate the primary school and high school youth groups.
· Run and coordinate holiday programs.
Please send an email to, Jared Grant email@example.com with the subject line “Youth Coordinator Application” with the following attachments:
1. Your resumé
2. A statement, approximately 1 paragraph, on your philosophy of youth ministry
Winmalee Christian Conference Centre
Manager – Position Vacant
Winmalee Christian Conference Centre is seeking a Manager. Our goal is to continue to provide excellent service to our guests in a safe environment. We wish to achieve this while ensuring that Christ is glorified through the work of the Conference Centre.
To be content in the working environment of Winmalee Christian Conference Centre you will need to be an active Christian, have a passion for Christian Camping, fully embracing the Mission Statement, Ethos, Aims and Objectives of the Conference Centre. Your attitude to detail in every area of guest service should be of a high standard. Pride in the site and facilities would drive you to improve and maintain the site at an excellent standard. The ability to work and live closely with others is essential.
This role could suit a couple (one fulltime and one casual) or a person (fulltime). Each case would be considered individually and determined on the best outcomes for the Conference Centre. This role should be considered missional and not as a career opportunity.
The role is comprehensive and involves all areas of the Conference Centre’s duties including guest care and catering, maintenance, administration, project management. You will be supported by an Assistant Manager and casual staff.
- Relationship Skills: Create an atmosphere where guests feel welcome and cared for under all circumstances. To work in harmony with full time and casual staff and in dealings with delivery personnel and contractors.
- Guest Care and Catering: Provide appropriate care so guest groups feel free to run their retreat programs. The ability to be comfortable running a commercial kitchen, to provide suitable catering and to manage the dietary needs of the group.
- Communication: Clear communication between you, staff and the Board is vital.
- Administrative tasks: Including (but not limited to) efficient, polite answering of phones, responding to bookings and general enquiries. High computing knowledge, accounting knowledge (Xero), booking program use (Venue360), record keeping, social media competency, marketing, budgeting, child protection knowledge, rosters, employment of casuals,
- Property Care: WH & S awareness, safety audits and correction of risk areas, adhering to compliance requirements and accreditation requirements (NARTA). Any practical skills would be an advantage.
- Policies: All duties are to be performed within the policies of the Conference Centre.
- Training: Willingness to do training where require eg First Aid, Child Protection, Xero, Venue360, Food Safety Supervisor or Food Handling, Chainsawing, Welding, Test and Tag etc. (Note: not all of these are required as they may be covered by the Assistant Manager). To be supportive of Christian Venues Association by attending CVA events where possible.
Winmalee Christian Conference Centre is committed to the Working with Children Check. Prohibited persons under the Child Protection Act are ineligible to apply for this position. A Working With Children Number and a Police Check is required for this position.
Remuneration package and benefits negotiable and includes accommodation on site. The package is reviewed annually effective from 1 July each year.
If you believe that you have the skills and dedication to provide a significant contribution to the ministry of this organisation, please forward a comprehensive CV to:-
Private & Confidential firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail
Private & Confidential
Winmalee Christian Conference Centre
59 Leslie Street
Winmalee NSW 2777
Applications close Tuesday 30th October 2018
Christian Community Church Morwell
Church/Study Internship – 2 or 4 year terms available
Music Director and Young Adults/Youth Worker.
- Must be a competent musician with the necessary skills set
and personality to create and lead a church band.
- To cater for all musical needs in the church and events for creative
and outreach purposes.
- To participate and build our young adults group.
- To participate and expand the current youth group.
- You will be provided with a three-bedroom house, situated next to
the church, free of all rental costs.
- Stipend of $12,000 (up to $24,000) available, for up to four years,
depending on what church/ministry studies you are enrolled in.
- Four weeks’ annual leave and superannuation.
- Two days a week work for the church, not including Sundays
- Two days a week for personal studies
Christian Community Church Morwell – http://www.cccmorwell.com
3-9 McDonald Street, Morwell, Latrobe Valley, Victoria, 3840
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please email your details so we
can arrange an initial confidential telephone evaluation. Following that, you may be
invited for a face-to-face interview process to determine your eligibility.
Families are most welcome to apply.